DESERT VERT FESTIVAL VISITOR POLICY
The Desert Vert Festival Visitor Policy prescribes the mandatory rules of admission and conduct applicable to the Desert Vert Festival (hereinafter referred to as the “Event”), organised by Babel Sound Desert Vert S.A.R.L (“Desert Vert”). The Desert Vert General Terms and Conditions (GTC) set out the rights and obligations stemming from the legal relationship entered into between Desert Vert and persons entering the Event (“Visitors”).
Event venue: Couleurs Berberes, Douar Tifriquine, Marocco
Event dates: October 2-5, 2019
I. EVENT ADMISSION
1. Visitors are admitted to the Event at the times and according to the conditions specified on their ticket.
2. Desert Vert shall swap tickets purchased in advance for wristbands at the time of entry. Desert Vert shall register and connect the wristband to a specific person during the entry procedure and in the course of this it shall require the verification of personal identity by a personal identification document containing a photograph of the document-holder, moreover Desert Vert shall read, record, store, and manage the data of the personal identification document pursuant to the applicable data handling authorisation and/or policies. If the Visitor refuses to comply with those written in the previous sentence, then Desert Vert shall be entitled to invalidate the wristband without any obligation to refund the purchase price, and refuse entry for the Event. Visitors are required to wear their wristbands for the duration of their validity. Event organisers may inspect wristbands at the entrance, at the exit and throughout the entire area of the Event. Visitors with invalid wristbands are required to leave the Event venue.
Wristbands are non-transferable. As a general rule, wristbands are to be worn on the wrist for them to be valid; if necessary and in case approved by Desert Vert, however, your wristband may be worn on another limb provided that the wristband cannot be removed without damaging it. Damaged wristbands – those re-sealed or severed, whose fastener has been opened, whose diameter exceeds that of the wearer’s fist or which have been tampered with in any way, etc. – are invalid. Desert Vert will not replace damaged or lost wristbands. Desert Vert will initiate proceedings against anyone forging tickets or participating in ticket forgery.
3. In order to ensure the safety of the Event, Desert Vert reserves the right to restrict the types of items and devices which may be brought inside the venue. Accordingly, bringing the following in particular to the Event is prohibited: narcotics, pyrotechnic devices, glass objects, umbrellas, objects or tools containing explosive, poisonous or flammable materials (e.g. cooking utensils operated by gas), firearms, knives, butterfly knives, switchblades, gas sprays, expandable batons, metal chains over 50 cm in length, throwing stars, slingshots and other items posing a special threat to public safety as defined in relevant laws and regulations. While camping is permitted at the Event – according to specific conditions – certain general camping accessories may not be brought inside the venue because of the special nature of the Event.
4. Visitors may not bring drones to the Event without advance written authorisation from Desert Vert.
5. Visitors in possession of any prohibited item may not enter the Event venue.
6. Visitors are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages into the Event. Should the National Public Health and Medical Officer Service declare a heat emergency, Visitors may bring water or mineral water in a reasonable quantity necessary to satisfy their own personal needs to the Event. In all other cases, Visitors are permitted to bring to the Event one PET bottle containing a maximum of 2.5 litres of bottled water or another non-alcoholic beverage. Visitors may only bring empty plastic jugs to the Event. Visitors are prohibited from bringing retail quantities of food or tobacco products to the Event. With regard to food products, “retail quantity” is an amount exceeding the quantity Visitors would reasonably require to satisfy their own personal needs. With regard to tobacco products, “retail quantity” exceeds 2 cartons (20 boxes) of cigarettes, 10 boxes of cigarillos and 10 cigars (regardless of size).
7. Children under the age of 11 (eleven) may visit the Event free of charge, although they are required to wear a child wristband. The adult accompanying the child is obliged to indicate the child’s name and the his/her own phone number on the wristband. Child wristbands are available during the entry process. Children under the age of 14 (fourteen) may only enter the Event if accompanied by an adult in full possession of their faculties, and may remain at the Event only if accompanied by an adult in full possession of their faculties. They are also required to wear a child wristband.
8. Entry in a vehicle to the area of the Event is not permitted without a permit issued by Desert Vert. Those holding a vehicle permit are also obliged to follow all traffic rules and regulations at the Event. Desert Vert recommends using forms of public transport and taxi services to access the Event.
9. In addition to service dogs as defined by law, guide dogs and police dogs, only pets generally considered to be tame and posing no hazard to the life, safety and health of Visitors and others may be brought inside the Event venue, free of charge, when on a leash and accompanied by their owner (typically, admissible pets include dogs, ferrets, certain types of rodents, etc.). Visitors are, however, advised not to bring their pets to the Event. Desert Vert recommends leaving pets at home or in kennels. Pets may be brought to the Event provided all of the following conditions are met: (i) the pet possesses a valid certificate of vaccination attesting to rabies vaccinations in the last year, (ii) the pet is identifiable through a unique identifier (visible tattoo or microchip), (iii) the pet is to wear a leash, collar, muzzle and a tag with the owner’s telephone number, with the owner reachable on that number during the Event.
Whether the conditions above are met may be verified at the Event entrance; should any of the conditions not be met, your pet cannot be admitted. By bringing their pet to the Event, Visitors acknowledge their responsibility to provide hygienic and appropriate conditions for the pet at the Event. Visitors bringing their dog or ferret to the Event acknowledge their responsibility to keep a leash and a muzzle on their pet at all times while at the Event. Desert Vert reserves the right to deny admission to the Event to any animals, as well as the right to ensure the above conditions are adhered to at all times. In the interest of the safety of the Event, animals not meeting the conditions above will be prohibited from remaining at the Event at any time.
To avoid potential problems, Desert Vert recommends that Visitors choosing to visit the Event with a service dog meet the following conditions. The use of a muzzle is not required for guide dogs and service dogs assisting the disabled – given the special functions performed by the dog with their mouth – but having a muzzle on site is recommended. Should Desert Vert find that a service dog find that their dog is reacting to excessive audio-visual stimuli in a way that is inconsistent with its training, or if the dog becomes overly sensitive, then Desert Vert may require the Visitor to use a head collar or a muzzle. Visitors entering the Event with a service dog do so at their own risk. Should a service dog display behaviour at the Event inconsistent with its training, it may be prohibited from remaining at the Event.
II. RULES OF CONDUCT
1. Visitors are required to abide by general norms and in accordance with relevant legal regulations, the GTC and with the Visitor Policy. Visitors are required to refrain from all actions, statements or behaviour which endangers the life, health or physical well-being of others or which may violate others’ personal rights. Visitors to the Event are required to pay special attention to the protection of natural resources and must refrain from harming these natural resources. Desert Vert asks Visitors to use the waste collection bins for the disposal of garbage and to pay attention to dispose the garbage in the appropriate compartment for each waste type. The Visitor acknowledges that the camping areas that are used by the Visitors with the ticket purchased from Desert Vert belong to the territory of the Event hence the provisions of the Desert Vert Festival Visitor Policy are applicable to the admission and stay at these camping areas.
2. Visitors acknowledge that Desert Vert, its Contracted Partners as authorised by Desert Vert, Contributors, and members of the press (in accordance with the stipulations of special agreements concluded with them), as well as other Visitors and other third parties, may produce sound and image recordings of the Event. Accordingly, all Visitors to the Event, by virtue of their participation at the Event, give express permission to the recording and publication of their image, likeness and actions. Visitors, however, may only be named in such recordings with their express permission.
Visitors considered public figures may be named without their permission. Those making recordings according to the above rules shall gain transferrable and exclusive usage rights that are unrestricted in time, geographical location and form of usage. Desert Vert, as well as individuals authorised by Desert Vert, are entitled to utilise, use (especially for the promotion of the Event), duplicate, publish, transpose, make public, transmit to the public and distribute such recordings of the Visitor - including the case if Desert Vert utilises or uses recordings made by other Visitor(s) of the Visitor - without providing any compensation to the Visitor. Visitors expressly acknowledge that Desert Vert may record the Event, concerts and programmes, may copy the recordings and distribute them on image- bearing media, may broadcast them or otherwise make them public and may do so repeatedly, including making the Events, concerts and programmes available to the public by wired or by any other means (for example, through YouTube), such that members of the public can individually select the place and time of access.
Visitors are not entitled to make any claim or demand against Desert Vert concerning recordings as set out above. Visitors are entitled to make sound and image recordings at the Event, but may only make sound and image recordings with - a sound and image recorder integrated into a telecommunication device used for personal aims (for example a mobile phone or a tablet) or otherwise with a non-professional equipment, furthermore, Visitors may not sell, use for consideration or use for commercial purposes without consideration image and voice recordings that they have made, name Visitors featuring in such recordings without their consent or violate the personal rights of such Visitors. Desert Vert is expressly not liable in the event of other Visitors violating the above rules.
3. No business, commercial or advertising activity may be conducted at the Event – including the area in front of the gates of the Event – without advance written authorisation from Desert Vert.
4. No alcoholic beverages may be served to minors under the age of eighteen and to intoxicated individuals by any vendor at the Event. The use of substances qualifying as banned drugs pursuant to the laws in effect is prohibited in the area of the Event and is punishable by law.
5. In order to ensure the safety of Visitors, the following activities are prohibited at the Event: body surfing, mosh pits, and walls of death. Visitors violating this policy will be removed by organisers to the perimeter of the particular venue; repeat violators will be removed from the Event area.
6. In the interest of Visitor safety, open fires are not permitted.
7. Given that the aim of the Event is to provide Visitors with civilised and undisturbed entertainment, demonstrations of any kind not related to events organised by Desert Vert, regardless of the number of participants, are prohibited. At the same time, Desert Vert reserves the right to permit, at its sole discretion, specific demonstrations if requested by organisers in advance.
In such cases, participants in the demonstration are required to abide by the Desert Vert Festival Visitor Policy and to behave in such a way so as not to disturb, hinder, limit or prevent other Visitors from enjoying the Event, making their way around the Event, entering or exiting the Event, or utilising services or products at the Event. Desert Vert is entitled to end demonstrations that it has not expressly authorised without giving a reason. Desert Vert also reserves the right to end demonstrations that it has authorised pursuant to the above without giving a reason.
Desert Vert is entitled to set out conditions pertaining to demonstrations, in particular regarding the number of participants, location and duration, at its exclusive discretion. If Desert Vert declares the end of a given demonstration, participants are obliged to stop the demonstration immediately. If a participant does not stop the demonstration after Desert Vert’s declaration then he or she will be removed by organisers from the Event area. If Desert Vert sets out conditions for a demonstration that it has authorised or recognised as described above, participants are obliged to comply fully with these conditions.
8. In the Event area, Desert Vert’s suitably qualified and authorised employees or associates will ensure enforcement of the rules of conduct and safety. Visitors expressly undertake, by virtue of their participation in the given Event, that they will fully cooperate with these associates within the bounds of the law and will follow their instructions in the event of an emergency. Visitors wishing to file a complaint against the actions of these associates may do so at the Desert Vert public service office, if possible by providing the identification number of the Contributor concerned.
9. Visitors acknowledge that without advance written authorisation from Desert Vert no video or photo recordings may be made by using drones, either at the Event or from above the Event venue. Visitors having such authorisation must comply with the applicable law and may not put the safety of the participants or that of the Event in danger. Visitors are also obliged to obtain Desert Vert’s permission on a time-to-time basis before each recording.
III. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
1. Desert Vert may be held responsible exclusively for intentional breaches of contract caused by Desert Vert or for breaches of contract resulting in loss of life, physical well-being or health, and expressly excludes any liability beyond the statutory rights of the Visitor with regard to any other damage event. The price of the ticket has been determined with consideration to the exclusions of liability set out above.
2. Desert Vert does not operate luggage storage or safe deposit facilities at the Event. Such service is provided to Visitors by a third party not affiliated with Desert Vert. Visitors using such service enter into a contract directly with this third party. Desert Vert may not be held responsible in connection with this service. Desert Vert does not provide security services at areas designated as car parks; Desert Vert assumes no responsibility for motor vehicles parked there and items in such vehicles.
3. The VIP parts of the Event are not continuously open, their opening and closing times may be determined by Desert Vert unilaterally depending on the number of people interested, and so the VIP wristbands entitle to entry and stay depending on the actual opening hours of the VIP parts, that is, their validity period may differ from the validity period of the ticket for the given day.
4. Desert Vert is not required to cancel the Event if there is bad weather. Should authorities require Desert Vert to suspend or close the Event due to a force majeure, the Event or a component thereof will be cancelled.
5. Desert Vert reserves the right to change the Event line-up.
6. Visitors attending the Event with no wristband or with a wristband not entitling them to attend the Event at the particular time acknowledge and accept that, in addition to being held responsible for the violation, they must also pay the price of the wristband (or the appropriate differential). If not, by extraordinary termination initiated by Desert Vert, Visitors lose their right to attend the Event; in such cases, Visitors may present no claims or demands against Desert Vert.
7. Visitors wishing to provide feedback or ideas, or to file complaints in connection with hospitality vendor services, organisers or any other issues may address them to the staff of the public service office as indicated on the Event map. items lost and found may be handed in at the same location, and visitors may inquire about lost items also there.
8. Objects found may be delivered to the place indicated on the map of the Event, inquiries about lost objects may also be made there.
Please watch out for one another and for yourselves! We hope you enjoy the Event. Marrakech, August 23, 2019
Babel Sound Desert Vert S.A.R.L